Monday, February 14, 2011

Love!

Happy Valentines Day!

Yesterday I spent my entire day baking sweets finishing my valentine cards and spending time with my family. I am positive I get more excited for this day than anyone I know. Its a day that combines my favorite colors with images of hearts, flowers, candy and jewelry. Material items I know, but they still bring a smile to my face.

I just LOVE Valentine's Day, not because I have an amazing lover, or am hopeful to receive beautiful flowers, but because its one more excuse to celebrate those we love in our lives. More importantly, Today I celebrate, family, friends and the simple things that bring me happiness. Everyone says, today is commercialized by hallmark and flower shops as a way to exploit us. I beg to differ, so much of life is perspective and today my spin on Valentines, is full whole heartedly embracing the celebration!

So I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentines Day~ I challenge you to do a small gesture of kindness to someone today, a smile at a stranger, waving at an old man driving next to you or opening a door for the person walking in behind you.

Much love,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment