Saturday, May 2, 2009

Really?

So, I was hoping that this blog would be a "happy, inspirational, positive blog" but at this moment I am a little over it. Let me explain. I have 22 days until I graduate from CSUF and when people ask me if I am excited I sort of lie and say oh yes!
Honestly, between my 2 part time jobs, an internship, the Public Relations Club, family, church and life I haven't had a chance to really think about it. I know you are thinking well you did it to yourself Emily, getting involved in so much. This I know!

My question is how do I stop myself from repeating this after I graduate. I believe that being involved has given me some great opportunities and opened professional doors, but is that what really matters in life.

When I am done with school I think some evaluations will be necessary. In the eternal scheme of things, will I remember all the networking experiences I had or will I remember the joy I felt watching Savy Jaye smile at me when I was not paying attention. So I guess growing up doesn't mean you forget the fairy tale life you believed in as a child but you pay attention to the moments that make you feel like your alive.

For me, it is usually seeing the beauty of flowers or colors in nature, seeing someone smile at a random stranger or feeling the sunshine but today its opportunity to make the best of my day. Quality of life is just a matter of perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment